You are here
Polycot Associates Seeks Freelance Drupal Senior Developer
We are seeking a contractor who is available for ongoing, consistent work across multiple projects. The ideal candidate would have potential interest in eventually becoming a member-owner of our cooperative partnership. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQIA+ are encouraged to apply.
Who we are
Polycot Associates is a values-driven, employee-owned cooperative business offering web consulting and managed web development/design services. Our preferred clients are other mission driven organizations, including nonprofits, other co-ops, green and sustainable organizations and businesses, and B-corporations.
Leveraging open source tools, we provide comprehensive custom web development and design services, content strategy, conversion consulting, SEO and social media integration. Our members have deep experience with the technologies and trends of responsive digital communication systems. We carefully manage our web development projects, and work hard to ensure that our work is efficient and budget-sensitive.
What we need
- Several years of development experience
- Use and management of relational databases (MySQL, etc.)
- Library/component evaluation and selection
- Use of source control management technologies, especially git
- Integrations with third-party services and APIs
- Adherence to best practices to aid security and maintainability of code base
- Consider, manage and communicate trade-offs among cost, complexity, timeframe, etc.
- Ability to learn new technologies including additional languages, libraries and frameworks
- Leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging, security and persistence when appropriate
- Experience with Drupal 7.x and 8/9.x, including:
- Site building
- Module selection
- Custom module/theme development
- Configuration management
- Multilingual sites
Who we’re seeking
- Self-organized, ability to meet deadlines, and identify/communicate blockers early
- Good communicator who respects and holds appropriate boundaries
- Ability to interact respectfully with team members and clients of various skill levels
- Human being with experience managing own and others’ emotions/expectations
- Responsive to email, available as needed for online chat & video conference
What we offer
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
- Referral commission is 5% for any closed sales brought to Polycot.
- Provisional Member/Ownership track is available after 6 months of contracting and work on multiple projects.
- Work on your own schedule as long as communication and deadlines are intact.
- Our optional weekly team huddle where we review available work is typically on Mondays from 1-2pm CT, via online video conference.
- Availability of work depends on project scheduling
- Specific assignments are coordinated with other team members via each project’s Tech Lead.
- Most team interactions occur virtually via video-conference. We get together in real life for monthly happy hours and various activities in Austin, TX (with COVID safety precautions).
Nice to have
- Experience with deployment to and management of various hosting platforms, including typical Linux commodity hosting, and Pantheon or Platform.sh.
- Knowledge and awareness of technology history and trends
- Hosting management experience, including new website/database setup, website migrations, and error troubleshooting
- Front-end development with React
- Experience with Wordpress, including plugin selection and custom plugin/theme development
- Containerized development environments using docker/lando
How to apply
Click here to complete this form and upload your resume & cover letter.
PS: So that we know you're a human and that you've read this page in its entirety, the answer to the question on our application form is "Capybara."